We’ve all been there… settled in, watching our favorite TV show and BAM! There it is… THE COMMERCIAL TO END ALL COMMERCIALS. You know the one: you laughed or cried or had profound thoughts, even questioned our purpose on this planet.
Okay it got your attention, but was it effective? Well before you get online and proclaim it BEST SPOT EVER to your Facebook followers, ask yourself a few question?
- What was the product or service?
- What do they want me to do with this information?
- Where can I purchase this product or service?
Sure everyone is accustomed to creative, eye-popping commercials that entertain and even thrill. But what I’m referring to is the core purpose of marketing:
Motivating the consumer to action.
Lately, marketers have been caught up in the frenzy of award-winning, beautiful, thought-provoking images and poignant messages, but is this really what the client needs?
Here’s a few guidelines to make sure you’re getting the most of your advertising budget:
- Establish metrics for success and have your creative team illustrate how their concept will help you achieve your goals.
- Create a sense of urgency to act now.
In the marketing world, “Memorable” only works when it moves the revenue needle. So maybe it’s time to get back to basics and provide what the client needs most… SALES.